Age of Mythology 9 Legendary Civilizations PC NEW
From the makers of Age of Empires comes a strategy game where the line between history and mythology has been blurred. In Age of Mythology heroes do battle with monsters of legend, and the gods intervene in the affairs of mortal men.
Age of Mythology players wage war as leaders of a Greek, Norse, or Egyptian civilization with a customized pantheon. Players use human armies and diplomacy, progress through development ages, enhance military and economic performance with improvements, and manage economics through resource gathering and trade. Mythology enters the mix when players call upon the gods to act on their behalf or reinforce their armies with more than 20 mythological creatures such as jackal-headed Egyptian warriors or mighty minotaurs.
Age of Mythology's revolutionary 3-D engine provides the game with gorgeous environments featuring lifelike rolling terrain, beautiful waves and water, realistic sunlight, and lush forests. The units roaming these environments are incredibly detailed, move naturally over the terrain, and come to life through hundreds of fluid animations. Amazing special effects change the look of this beautiful world when the gods get involved: all grows dark as an eclipse takes effect, funnel clouds twist and grow as a tornado sends buildings spinning toward the heavens, and meteors streak in from the heavens to send people and armies flying.
- In this exciting real-time strategy game, you play as either the ancient Greeks, Norse or Egyptians. All three are vying for control of the world, and you must help your chosen side to succeed!
- To control more territory, you'll have to arrange armies, handle diplomacy and manage trade
- Technological improvements combine with supernatural power as you develop your sciences and call upon the ancient gods
- Rain down lightning on an opposing army, demolish enemy camps with earthquakes, and sink a navy with a tidal wave -- you'll see it all happen in real-time with incredibly detailed special effects
- You can also reinforce your armies with over 20 legendary monsters
- You will need a disk per machine to play multiplayer
- Microsoft Windows 98/Me/XP/2000
- PC with 450 MHz equivalent or higher processor
- 128 MB of system RAM
- 1.5 GB available hard disk space
- 32x speed or faster CD-ROM drive
- 16 MB video card required
- Sound card, speakers or headphones required for audio
- Microsoft Mouse or compatible pointing device
- 56.6 Kbps or better modem for online play